You have received an Uber gift card as a present. Yippee!!! Now you need to figure out how to use it. Don’t worry; here is a step-by-step guide showing you how simple the process truly is.
Using an Uber gift card is fast and easy. Redeem Uber gift cards for a ride, or when purchasing Uber Eats. Once you have an account and the latest version of the Uber app, go to “Add Payment Method” and choose “Gift Card” to enter your code. Then you are ready to use your credit.
Receiving a present is fantastic, and when that present is an Uber gift card, you really have something else to celebrate. Next time you need to get somewhere or order delivery, use your gift card credit for smooth and speedy service.
How to Use an Uber Gift Card
You can apply Uber credits to your account by using an Uber gift card. Follow these simple steps to load your gift card credit into your account.
- Update your Uber app by downloading the latest version.
- Click on the menu and choose “Payment.”
- Select “Add Funds” and choose “Gift Card.”
- Enter gift card code. Be sure to include no spaces.
You can also add credit by following these steps.
- Click on the menu and choose “Add Payment Method.”
- Select “Gift Card.”
- Enter gift card code.
Once you have the money set up as credit, it is added to your Uber Cash balance. By default, Uber will use your gift card on your next purchase. However, you can confirm the payment method, and if you want, you can change it at the time of the request. If you don’t use up all your credit on one purchase, the remainder will be available for your next purchase. After adding a gift card to an account, you can’t transfer the amount to another one. Be sure you are adding it to the correct account right off the bat.
Are You Having an Issue Using Your Gift Card?
We think using these cards is uncomplicated. But if you disagree, read the following to troubleshoot any issues you may experience.
- Connect your Payment Method to your account, especially if the balance due is more than the amount on the gift card. You will need to pay the additional amount that is not covered by the gift card. Other accepted Uber payment methods include credit and debit cards, Venmo, digital wallets, and PayPal.
- Ensure that you use Uber gift cards in the country where they were bought. You can only use gift cards for Uber Eats or rides within the purchase country. Additionally, you are not allowed to use gift cards on rides scheduled, in family profiles, or for university campus card rides.
- Once you upload your gift card amount, you are unable to reload it. However, up to $1,000 of gift card credit can be added to your account at a time. Once you use some of the credit, you can then reload more to your account.
- You can not transfer credit to another account once you add the gift card to an account.
How to Buy Uber Gift Cards
What can you buy for that person who has everything? What is the perfect gift for everyone? An Uber gift card is a convenient and valuable alternative to giving cash.
Uber gift cards make great last-minute gifts. You can send one quickly digitally or even send one in the mail. Schedule the day and time you want the recipient to get the surprise.
Where to Buy
If you are looking to purchase an Uber gift card, you have two options.
- Online by sending them in the app (Do this by going to the menu bar and selecting “Send a Gift” or go to the Account section in Uber Eats on your phone)
- From participating retail stores with amounts starting at $15
When To Give a Gift Card
Here are some of the best occasions to give someone an Uber gift card.
- as a thank you to your customers
- to reward your employees
- just because
Benefits of Choosing Uber
It is worth getting that special someone an Uber gift card since they can use it for a ride or Uber Eats. It is an excellent idea to let them know that they have to redeem the card in the country you bought it from so they don’t try using it on vacation abroad.
To learn more about the “best hours for uber eats,” click here. The option of ordering Uber Eats is convenient on those nights you are too tired or it’s too late to cook.
To learn more about Uber and how it’s different from Lyft, click here (“are Uber and Lyft the same company”).