Interested in working for Doordash to earn some extra income. Are you curious about how much Doordash drivers make in a day?
Doordash drivers make approximately $15-$25 per hour. You can expect to earn anywhere from $100 to $200 before taxes and expenses.
The rest of this article will go into detail about how much a Doordash driver can make in a day along with some tips for drivers to earn even more money per day.
Why Do Some Doordash Drivers Make More in a Day?
You may notice that a lot of Doordash drivers talk about making $300 or more per day. This is not unreasonable nor that impressive depending on a few factors that include the following (Source: Reddit):
- Location is the most important factor in determining how much you can make in a day. Some areas have too many Doordash drivers, so it’s difficult to find an order. Other locations have too much traffic or other issues that reduce delivery times.
- Drive faster
- An often overlooked factor in driver’s making more in a day is that some Doordash drivers drive a lot faster. This means they can make more deliveries in a day. It’s important to note that traffic infractions are not tax deductible.
- Many Doordash drivers will deliver for GrubHub or UberEats while doing DoorDash deliveries. This can greatly increase the amount they earn per day, but it does add some added stress.
- Driving during peak hours
- There is more demand for drivers during peak hours, so Doordash increases the delivery fee to encourage more drivers. You will make a lot more if you only work during peak hours.
How Much Can You Make on Doordash in a Week?
If you work full-time for Doordash, then you can expect to earn about $1,000 in a week if you are in a good location. You will make a little less in slower locations, but you can still expect about $700 per week in those locations.
How Much Do Doordash Drivers Net Per Hour?
Doordash drivers make about $15 to $25 per hour, but that’s gross revenue not net profit. Net profit is obviously a little lower as gas and car maintenance must be accounted for when delivering.
The amount of money a Doordash driver spends on gas varies depending on the type of car they have, the price of gas in their area, and the amount of miles they drive. That said, a Doordash driver should try to not spend more than ~10% of their gross revenue on gas.
To answer the question, a Doordash driver should net anywhere from $10 to $20 an hour depending on the type of car they have, the area they deliver in, and the price of gas.
You can expect to make anywhere from $15 to $25 per hour delivering for Doordash. Once maintenance costs and gas are included the number is around $10 to $20 per hour.
There are people making more money with Doordash out there. They typically drive very fuel efficient cars, multi-app, and carefully choose their orders to maximize their income.